Both the Cricket & Rugby Clubs would like to thank you for your tremendous support given to the “Bull Walk” in 2012. The figure raised after expenses was in the region of €26k.
This was spent as follows;
• Clearing of old floor tiles and skips
• Cleaning down of wooden ceiling and beams
• New floor tiles from main entrance into main bar area
• New curtains and carpets throughout main bar
• New gas fired central heating system to main bar
• Upgrading the open fire at the lounge
• New large screen televisions in the main bar
• New sound systems in the main bar and function hall areas
• Framing of new memorabilia on the main bar walls
• Labour costs
We hope that you all had a chance to enjoy the new facilities over the last six months and in general the feedback has been very favourable. The two Clubs have decided to come together and “Walk” again to raise the funds needed to complete work on phase 2 of the renovations.
Works still outstanding are as follow;
• New furnishings in the main bar
• New Lighting
• The working side of the main bar and counter area
• Entrance lobby refurbishment and new doors.
The “Bull Walk” will take place on Sun 28th April @ 3pm over the same route around Clontarf. This event was enjoyed by over 300 members both young and old from both clubs last year. There will be a free burger and pint for all those who join us on the 27th. We look forward to seeing as many members from both Clubs, including their youth sections and their parents who would be most welcome with there “sponsor cards” filled out and as ever there will be night time entertainment in the bar for all those who still have the energy!
There will be a free raffle for all participants who return a card with at least €50 sponsorship. Prizes include – 2 Tickets for November Rugby Test against New Zealand, corporate tickets to Cricket Ireland against Pakistan in Castle Ave in May plus more.
All enquiries can be made to Damaris in the Club office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (01) 833 6214