We have a Metro Match Fixture this Sunday 24th February in Barnhall Rugby Club.
Can you please aim to be in Barnhall Rugby Club for 9.55am.
Please make sure your child is wearing a GUM SHIELD. boots, warm clothes & a Clontarf jersey (no worries if they don’t have one). A strict NO GUM SHIELD NO PLAY rule applies.
Barnhall Rugby Club is located in Leixlip, Co. Kildare, so I suggest you use your google maps to find their Club.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
U8’s Head Coach
Mobile: 086 8051445
New players are very welcome.
Training is on every Sunday (if we don’t have matches) from 9.00-10.00am on the all-weather pitch (Castle Ave end).
Please see the below dates of our matches over the coming months:
Sunday 24th February – rugby club(s) TBC
Sunday 24th March – rugby club(s) TBC
Saturday 13th April – Old Belvedere Rugby Club Blitz
Saturday 4th May – Clontarf Rugby Club Blitz
The permitted footwear for the all-weather pitch and training area is boots with moulded rubber studs or rubber / steel screw-in studs (see examples below)
All persons entering the pitch enclosure must wear appropriate footwear for safety and to avoid damaging the synthetic grass.
Blade boots, runners and boots with worn studs are all forbidden as they will damage the synthetic grass. (see examples below)
Players, coaches, managers and any other persons involved in the game or training should comply with the appropriate footwear and ensure everyone in their group is compliant.
Parents and spectators should remain outside the pitch enclosure where footpaths and a concourse has been provided.
Boots and attire should be clean of all mud or other dirt.
The blue run-off area is a safety zone for players. It is not for spectators and must be maintained to the same standard as the pitch. The same footwear applies to all blue run-off areas.
Team coaches and referees are responsible for footwear of all players involved in their sessions.
Here are a few tips for the season….
- Please register your child. Not registered? Not insured.
- Please arrive on time. Training starts at 9am sharp every Sunday.
- A gum shield and studded boots must be worn every week.
- Bring water.
- Do not leave any player unattended at training.
- Wear warm clothes in cold weather.
- If any parent / guardian has an issue or observation regarding their child please bring notice immediately to a coach.
- No Dogs. They tend to dirty the pitch….
Homework (For players & parents) – The more you practice the better you get!
- Carry the ball in two hands at all times.
- Pass behind you.
- Stay on your feet.
- Never run backwards. Always run forward!
- Practice scoring a try by bringing the ball to your chest in one hand and support yourself with the other hand as you go to ground. You can also force the ball to ground firmly with 2 hands, if you do not feel like throwing yourself to the ground.
- Practice your catching.
- Practice your passing, but remember don’t spin the ball.
- Practice having fun!
- Stay Positive!