Training cancelled on the 12th December – this is is last session of the year and we will restart on the 10th January.
Sunday training is normally at 10.00am (enter the all weather pitch via the gate at the Castle Avenue end of the all-weather pitch). Existing players should have received an email on the new COVID arrangements (if not please contact us). No Teamer requests for training at the moment but please confirm non-attendance by email.
We ask that any new players contact us to register before turning up for training as we are required to manage numbers on the pitches.
Please ask kids to stay with their group at the end of training and wait until they are told it is OK to leave.
Remember gumshield, COVID Form and correct footwear (see below on boots).
Hope to see you soon.
Neil and the coaching team
e: Flemingn@live.ie tel:086 805 1445
The permitted footwear for the all-weather pitch and training area is boots with moulded rubber studs or rubber / steel screw-in studs (see examples below)
All persons entering the pitch enclosure must wear appropriate footwear for safety and to avoid damaging the synthetic grass.
Blade boots, runners and boots with worn studs are all forbidden as they will damage the synthetic grass. (see examples below)
Players, coaches, managers and any other persons involved in the game or training should comply with the appropriate footwear and ensure everyone in their group is compliant.
Parents and spectators should remain outside the pitch enclosure where footpaths and a concourse has been provided.
Boots and attire should be clean of all mud or other dirt.
The blue run-off area is a safety zone for players. It is not for spectators and must be maintained to the same standard as the pitch. The same footwear applies to all blue run-off areas.
Team coaches and referees are responsible for footwear of all players involved in their sessions.
Here are a few tips for the season….
- Please register your child. Not registered? Not insured.
- Please arrive on time. Training starts at 10am sharp every Sunday.
- A gum shield and studded boots must be worn every week.
- Bring water.
- Do not leave any player unattended at training. (subject to COVID restrictions)
- Wear warm clothes in cold weather.
- If any parent / guardian has an issue or observation regarding their child please bring notice immediately to a coach.
- No Dogs. They tend to dirty the pitch….
Homework (For players & parents) – The more you practice the better you get!
- Carry the ball in two hands at all times.
- Pass behind you.
- Stay on your feet.
- Never run backwards. Always run forward!
- Practice scoring a try by bringing the ball to your chest in one hand and support yourself with the other hand as you go to ground. You can also force the ball to ground firmly with 2 hands, if you do not feel like throwing yourself to the ground.
- Practice your catching.
- Practice your passing, but remember don’t spin the ball.
- Practice having fun!
- Stay Positive!