Season 2019 /2020
U12s (Born 2008)
- Training – our usual training slot is 10am Sunday on the grass pitch and 6pm Wednesday on the 4G pitch at Castle Avenue.
- Gear and hydration – gumshields are compulsory for all training and matches – no exceptions. Please ensure that players are appropriately kitted out for the weather conditions (including base layers, hats and/or rainwear during the winter months). Players should at all times have a water bottle.
- Notifications – details of matches, schedule changes and any additional training sessions will be notified on this web page and by group email. Please refer regularly to this web page, particularly during periods of bad weather when it may be necessary to advise of schedule changes at short notice.
- New players – we always welcome new players, whether or not they have played rugby before. If you are or know someone who is interested in joining please contact one of the coaches (contact details below).
- Footwear – the Club has a strict policy on the type of footwear that may be worn on the 4G pitch (where most of our training and home matches take place). This applies to players and coaches. Only boots with screw in studs (metal or plastic) or round moulded studs may be worn. Blades and runners are prohibited. Please bear this in mind if buying boots for the new season.
- Concussion – we deal with cases of concussion or suspected concussion in line with the IRFU Concussion Guidelines. These can be accessed on www.irishrugby.ie (go to tab “Playing the Game” and select the drop-down “Concussion”).
- Code of Ethics – all coaches, players and parents are expected to abide by the Club’s Code of Ethics, details of which can be accessed under the “Youth & Mini” drop-down tab on the Club’s home page.
If you have any queries or feedback please feel free to contact any of the following coaches:
- Mick Barr – 086 859 9638; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dana Blaga – 086 320 8999; email@example.com
- Adam Synnott – 086 770 8322; firstname.lastname@example.org