Season 2020 /2021
U13s (Born 2008)
- Wednesday 5.45pm-6.45pm Clontarf Rugby Club, Castle Avenue (parents should not stay if possible) Health form for Wednesday 21st Oct
- Sunday 10am-11am Mount Temple (Howth Road entrance)
• In light of COVID-19 training and the organisation of training and matches will be a little different this season.
• Please read and ask your son to read the IRFU guidelines below.
• On the day or morning before training and matches a Personal Health Assessment and Declaration will be circulated by e mail. The form MUST be completed and submitted by each coach and player electronically in the hours before EACH training session or match. If in doubt the player or coach should stay at home. A boy cannot participate in a session without the form having been submitted.
• On arrival at training and matches the player will need to check in with the relevant COVID officer. If the form has not been completed (or you have answered “YES” to any of the questions) the player will not be permitted to train or play. Please ensure that the player has checked in successfully before leaving.
• On or prior to arrival players will be assigned to a designated “POD”, which will be similar in size to the groups from last season. Currently the POD size is 15 people including coaches. However, this may change. Players must stay in this POD for the session or match in question.
• Unfortunately as things stand parents will not be permitted to watch training in light of the current Covid restrictions. So please drop off and collect without getting out of your car if possible.
• Each boy should bring his own water bottle and hand sanitizer clearly marked with his name
- Training – our usual training slot is 10am Sunday in Mount Temple and 5.45pm Wednesday in Castle Avenue
- Gear and hydration – gumshields are compulsory for all training and matches – no exceptions. Please ensure that players are appropriately kitted out for the weather conditions (including base layers, hats and/or rainwear during the winter months). Players should at all times have a water bottle.
- Notifications – details of matches, schedule changes and any additional training sessions will be notified on this web page and by group email. Please refer regularly to this web page, particularly during periods of bad weather when it may be necessary to advise of schedule changes at short notice.
- New players – we always welcome new players, whether or not they have played rugby before. If you are or know someone who is interested in joining please contact one of the coaches (contact details below).
- Footwear – the Club has a strict policy on the type of footwear that may be worn on the 4G pitch (where most of our training and home matches take place). This applies to players and coaches. Only boots with screw in studs (metal or plastic) or round moulded studs may be worn. Blades and runners are prohibited. Please bear this in mind if buying boots for the new season.
- Concussion – we deal with cases of concussion or suspected concussion in line with the IRFU Concussion Guidelines. These can be accessed on www.irishrugby.ie (go to tab “Playing the Game” and select the drop-down “Concussion”).
- Code of Ethics – all coaches, players and parents are expected to abide by the Club’s Code of Ethics, details of which can be accessed under the “Youth & Mini” drop-down tab on the Club’s home page.
If you have any queries or feedback please feel free to contact any of the following coaches:
- Mick Barr – 086 859 9638; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dana Blaga – 086 320 8999; email@example.com