Welcome to U 15′ s (Born 2005)
Team Manager Joe Toomey (087 668 4265 or Clontarfrugby2005@gmail.com)
We train every Tuesday 18.00-19.00 on the All Weather pitch at Castle Avenue and Sunday’s 11.00-12.00 on the grass pitch at Castle Avenue.
Watch this space for latest updates:
We are delighted to welcome our new Head Coach Malachy Bradley this season. Mal has a serious coaching pedigree (Trinity College first ) and has recently retired from Clontarf Junior rugby.
See below for full fixture list.
There is a massive focus this year on making sure that the players are wearing boots with studs that are appropriate and legal for playing rugby. Referees have been instructed to check for illegal studs before a game begins and if a player does not have the correct studs on their boots they will not be allowed to play. Legal rugby studs need to be 10mm at the top as per the graphic below:
Here are some general guidelines:
- If your boots have screw-in metal / plastic / plastic & metal studs they MUST meet the World Rugby standards (10mm at the top as per the graphic above)
- As a general rule Nike and New Balance don’t make rugby boots and if you have these boots you are highly likely to have to swap out the studs that came with them for rugby studs
- Adidas soccer boots are also likely to require their studs to be swapped out as well, but Adidas do make rugby boots and they meet the standards
- Brands like Canterbury, Patrick, Asics and Mizuno also make rugby boots that meet the standards
- Boots with moulded plastic studs will be allowed (though in general they are not recommended as when we get into winter they don’t give much traction on wet rugby pitches)
- Boots with blades will definitely not be allowed and as are also not allowed on the All Weather Pitch in Clontarf
- Boots that are missing one or more studs will also not be allowed.
Here is an example we’ve been given of boots with legal studs:
And here is an example of illegal studs:
Please print this page out and show it to your son. If in doubt on anything above, please check with one of the coaches.
Leinster U14 School/Youth Metro League – Phase 1 (L = league match; F = friendly)
Sunday Oct 7th – Home v Ashbourne (L) Sunday Oct 14th – Away v Newbridge (L) Sunday Nov 4th – Home v Lansdowne (F) Sunday Nov 11th – A’s Away v Seapoint (L) & B’s Home v Wanderers (F) Sunday Nov 18th Away v Greystones (L) Sunday Nov 25th Home v MU Barnhall (L) & (F) Sunday Dec 9th Home v Malahide (L) & (F)
2019 – Leinster Metro Premier League
Sunday Jan 6th : Match away to Skerries RFC Sunday Jan 13th : Home match to Blackrock RFC Sunday Feb 3rd : Match away to Lansdowne RFC Sunday Feb 24th : Home match to Coolmine RFC Sunday March 3rd : Match away to North Meath in Plate for A’s Sunday March 10th : Home match to Old Wesley for B’s Sunday March 17th: Match v Dundalk RFC for A’s (Venue tbc) ; Possible match for B’s subject to result v Old Wesley. Sunday March 24th: Training Sunday March 31st: Premier league shield play off v Lansdowne (home)
Sunday April 7th: Schools/Youths Plate Qtr Final (A’s) v Terenure (Castle Avenue)
Sunday April 14th: Friendly away to Lansdown & French team – TBC
Sunday April 21st: League shield final (tbc)
Sunday May 5th: Plate Final