Clontarf Rugby U15’s Boys (2004)
Contact : Cathal Quigley 087 2442511 or email@example.com for more info.
The 2018/2019 season starts on 2nd Sept.
Every Wednesday from 6-7pm on the All Weather Pitch and Sunday mornings at Castle Avenue (typically from 11-12am) when there is not a match. Details confirmed in advance via U15 Team WhatsApp Group.
All players must be registered with the club for Insurance and in order to play. You can apply for membership and/or play your annual subscription via this link
Sunday 16th September 2018
Clontarf u15 V Clontarf u16
Sunday 23rd September 2018
Clontarf V Arklow
Leinster U15 School/Youth Fixtures 2018/2019
The league format is as follows (this will be subject to the number of teams entering the competition):
- The teams will be divided into two groups (A&B) of 8 teams each
- Each team will play 7 grading games against the teams in their group
- The top 4 teams from Group A and Group B will form the Premier League
- The bottom 4 teams from Group A and Group B will form the Division 1 League
- Each team will play a further 4 league games against new teams in their division
- At that point the top 4 team in the qualify for League Semi-Finals and the bottom 4 qualify for Shield Semi-Finals
The following are the proposed league fixtures for the initial grading games (home team first):
Sunday 7th October 2018
Clontarf 7 – Skerries 31
Sunday 14th October 2018
Balbriggan 5 vs Clontarf 71
Sunday 21st October 2018
Clontarf vs DLSP
Sunday 11th November 2018
Lansdowne vs Clontarf
Sunday 18th November 2018
Clontarf vs Cill Dara
Sunday 25th November 2018
Greystones vs Clontarf
Sunday 2nd December 2018
Ashbourne vs Clontarf
There is a massive focus this year on making sure that the players are wearing boots with studs that are appropriate and legal for playing rugby. Referees have been instructed to check for illegal studs before a game begins and if a player does not have the correct studs on their boots they will not be allowed to play. Legal rugby studs need to be 10mm at the top as per the graphic below:
Here are some general guidelines:
- If your boots have screw-in metal / plastic / plastic & metal studs they MUST meet the World Rugby standards (10mm at the top as per the graphic above)
- As a general rule Nike and New Balance don’t make rugby boots and if you have these boots you are highly likely to have to swap out the studs that came with them for rugby studs
- Adidas soccer boots are also likely to require their studs to be swapped out as well, but Adidas do make rugby boots and they meet the standards
- Brands like Canterbury, Patrick, Asics and Mizuno also make rugby boots that meet the standards
- Boots with moulded plastic studs will be allowed (though in general they are not recommended as when we get into winter they don’t give much traction on wet rugby pitches)
- Boots with blades will definitely not be allowed and as are also not allowed on the All Weather Pitch in Clontarf
- Boots that are missing one or more studs will also not be allowed.
Here is an example we’ve been given of boots with legal studs:
And here is an example of illegal studs:
Please print this page out and show it to your son. If in doubt on anything above, please check with one of the coaches.
2016/2017 U13 Division 1 League
& Plate Champions
2017/2018 U14 Premier League
& Plate Champions
We strongly encourage all coaches, players and parents to have a better understanding of concussion. Concussion can pose a significant risk to the well being of players if not managed effectively. Please use the following link to the IRFU website www.irishrugby.ie/concussion and fimilarise yourself with the signs, symptoms and management of concussion. I would ask that you share Junior Player video with your child to ensure that they too understand concussion.
Please get involved. Positive encouragement for all the children is vital, most players want to impress their parents, so please try to impress the children. Never be negative.
NOTE: If any parent/guardian has an issue or observation regarding their child please bring notice immediately to a coach.