Welcome to U 9′ s (Born 2004)
Please contact Philip Browne on 087-2536724 or by Email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details……
Our Season has now come to a end. Many thanks to all the kids and parents who made the season so enjoyable. See you all in September over on the Under 10′s section of this website.
The Main Pitch & The Back Pitch at Castle Avenue are closed and have been treated with chemicals. Please ensure that children are not allowed to play on the pitches when at the club.
Well done to all squad members who turned up today for our final Metro league match. We had a lot of kids pull out at the last minute due to a heavy night before as a result of Communion (Me thinks this may have had more to do with parents rather than the kids) Anyway, Rory did his magic to sort out the gaps in the squads and we managed to field 4 teams of 10 players. The sun came out and I would say we had the best performance this season from the kids. Very enjoyable to watch and some great support from the side lines. At this level in the Metro league we don’t keep score as its all just for fun but I can safely say that we lost very few games this season . Back to training next Sunday @ the new time of 11:15 on the main pitch.
Interested in Coaching? We need more help for the 2013 season
Clontarf Mini Rugby is looking for more coaches for this season – Many hands make light work – If you are bored standing on the side line or if you feel that you can make a positive contribution to our training sessions please volunteer to get involved. It is a great way to spend time with your child on the field of play. We can do with all the help we can get and don’t worry it only looks like hard work! . Specialist training is provided to all newcomers so don’t worry about a lack of knowledge about the game, it is never too late to learn something new!
Training starts every Sunday morning at 9:50am sharp and finishes at 11;00 approx.
For Parents & Guardians
1. Gum shields – no shield – no play.
2. Please Bring Water for your child.
3. Hats, tracksuit bottoms and gloves in cold weather.
4. DO NOT LEAVE ANY CHILDREN UNATTENDED AT TRAINING, AT ANY TIME.
5. Get involved. Positive encouragement for all the children is vital, most players want to impress their parents, so please try to impress the children.
NOTE: If any parent / guardian has an issue or observation regarding their child please bring notice immediately to a coach.
Homework (For players & parents) – The more you practice the better you get!
- Carry the ball in two hands at all times.
- Pass behind you.
- Stay on your feet.
- Never run backwards. Always run forward!
- Practice scoring a try by bringing the ball to your chest in one hand and support yourself with the other hand as you go to ground. You can also force the ball to ground firmly with 2 hands, if you do not feel like throwing yourself to the ground.
- Practice your catching.
- Practice your passing, but remember don’t spin the ball.
Coaches & Coaching
Coaching is done on a volunteer basis and the people that run all these sessions at all levels of mini and youth rugby at the club do so as a way to contribute to the community of Clontarf and the surrounding area. All coaches are parents of players, players currently or ex-players and we all want the club to thrive into the future.
If you require any further information please contact me at the number above.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES.
All players must register in September to participate and be covered by Club Insurance. Registered players receive a season boot tag which must be laced into their boots.