Here are a few tips for next season….
- Please register your child. Not registered? Not insured.
- Please arrive on time. Training starts at 10am sharp.
- Wear a gum shield every week. (The players not the parents!)
- Bring water – please, please , please.
- Do not leave any player unattended at training. This is not a creche and we need parents to assist in keeping the players where they should be!
- Wear warm clothes in cold weather.
- If any parent / guardian has an issue or observation regarding their child please bring notice immediately to a coach.
- No Dogs. They tend to dirty the pitch….
Interested in Coaching? We need more help for the 2013/2014 season
Clontarf Mini Rugby is looking for more coaches for next season – Many hands make light work – If you are bored standing on the side line or if you feel that you can make a positive contribution to our training sessions please volunteer to get involved. It is a great way to spend time with your child on the field of play. We can do with all the help we can get and don’t worry it only looks like hard work! Specialist training is provided to all newcomers so don’t worry about a lack of knowledge about the game, it is never too late to learn something new!
Homework (For players & parents) – The more you practice the better you get!
- Carry the ball in two hands at all times.
- Pass behind you.
- Stay on your feet.
- Never run backwards. Always run forward!
- Practice scoring a try by bringing the ball to your chest in one hand and support yourself with the other hand as you go to ground. You can also force the ball to ground firmly with 2 hands, if you do not feel like throwing yourself to the ground.
- Practice your catching.
- Practice your passing, but remember don’t spin the ball.
- Practice having fun!
- Stay Positive!
Coaches & Coaching
Coaching is done on a volunteer basis and the people that run all these sessions at all levels of mini and youth rugby at the club do so as a way to contribute to the community of Clontarf and the surrounding area. All coaches are parents of players, players currently or ex-players and we all want the club to thrive into the future. The future stars of our club and country start here at Clontarf U7s!
Thank you to those coaches that have contributed to the U7s in seasons past, you know who you are. This season the following deserve a note of thanks – Andy, Liam, John H, Jan, Richard, Ger, Tim, Niall, Austin, Aaron, Mark, Shane, Ronan, Mick, Simon & Alan.
If anyone would like to get involved in coaching please contact me on 086 389 4995 -Remember – many hands make light work!
Damien & Andy.