Home match v Greystones
Sunday 21st Oct
Arrive 9.45, KO 10.15
2018 Tour – Letter of Intent – Sunday 21st is the last day for submitting
The letter of intent have now been distributed to all players. If you have not receive this, please contact me directly. The completion date is 15th Oct. Please note, only registered club members can take part in the tour
Table Quiz – 24th Nov
The annual table quiz takes place in the Club on 24th Nov. All proceeds raised go directly to funding the end of season trips.
St Paul’s Sybil Hill 10.15am – 11.15am
Wednesday Training (from 20th Sept)
AWP Castle Avenue 6PM
Please arrive on time for training. We only have a limited time, and late arrivals are very disruptive to the session, and unfair on those who were on time.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU RESPOND TO “TEAMER” ALERTS TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE OR ABSENCE ON MATCH DAY. IT IS ONLY FAIR ON THE OTHER PLAYERS, OPPOSITION AND COACHES TO CONFIRM IN ADVANCE. THANK YOU!
PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR GUM SHIELD – NO GUM SHIELD, NO PLAY!!
This season training will take place on both St. Paul’s grass pitches and the Club All Weather Pitch. As such boot care is essential:
- Please ensure boots are clear of mud and grass when training on the All Weather Pitch.
- Check your boots regularly – particularly studs. Metal studs are the best option but check for worn or sharpened studs. Failure to do so can result in nasty injuries.
- Plastic/molded studs should also be checked.
- Blade studs are strictly prohibited.
- It is the responsibility of player/parent or guardian to ensure the above is complied with. Players identified with muddy or damaged boots will have to leave play immediately.
We strongly encourage all coaches, players and parents to have a better understanding of concussion. Concussion can pose a significant risk to the well being of players if not managed effectively. Please use the following link to the IRFU website www.irishrugby.ie/concussion and fimilarise yourself with the signs, symptoms and management of concussion. I would ask that you share Junior Player video with your child to ensure that they too understand concussion.
Please get involved. Positive encouragement for all the children is vital, most players want to impress their parents, so please try to impress the children. Never be negative.
NOTE: If any parent/guardian has an issue or observation regarding their child please bring notice immediately to a coach.