Wednesday 13th Dec
Tonight is the last training session of 2017. We will resume on 7th Jan 2018. On behalf of myself and the rest of the coaching team, we’d like to wish you a Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Nolan’s Bag Pack 16th Dec
We are now taking names for the bag pack which will take place in Nolan’s on 16th Dec. All funds raised will go towards the annual tours. Nolan’s have requested that only adults volunteer on the day. Please contact Elaine to book your slot.
St Paul’s Sybil Hill 10.15am – 11.15am
Wednesday Training (from 20th Sept)
AWP Castle Avenue 6PM
Please arrive on time for training. We only have a limited time, and late arrivals are very disruptive to the session, and unfair on those who were on time.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU RESPOND TO “TEAMER” ALERTS TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE OR ABSENCE ON MATCH DAY. IT IS ONLY FAIR ON THE OTHER PLAYERS, OPPOSITION AND COACHES TO CONFIRM IN ADVANCE. THANK YOU!
PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR GUM SHIELD – NO GUM SHIELD, NO PLAY!!
This season training will take place on both St. Paul’s grass pitches and the Club All Weather Pitch. As such boot care is essential:
- Please ensure boots are clear of mud and grass when training on the All Weather Pitch.
- Check your boots regularly – particularly studs. Metal studs are the best option but check for worn or sharpened studs. Failure to do so can result in nasty injuries.
- Plastic/molded studs should also be checked.
- Blade studs are strictly prohibited.
- It is the responsibility of player/parent or guardian to ensure the above is complied with. Players identified with muddy or damaged boots will have to leave play immediately.
We strongly encourage all coaches, players and parents to have a better understanding of concussion. Concussion can pose a significant risk to the well being of players if not managed effectively. Please use the following link to the IRFU website www.irishrugby.ie/concussion and fimilarise yourself with the signs, symptoms and management of concussion. I would ask that you share Junior Player video with your child to ensure that they too understand concussion.
Please get involved. Positive encouragement for all the children is vital, most players want to impress their parents, so please try to impress the children. Never be negative.
NOTE: If any parent/guardian has an issue or observation regarding their child please bring notice immediately to a coach.